Provides UV-A and UV-B Rays (5%)
Gives the pet UV-A rays and a high amount of UV-B rays (5%) favouring normal functions such as appetite, digestion, reproduction and calcium absorption (UV-B rays stimulate vitamin D3 synthesis).
Benefits and Features:
- Suitable to all reptiles with moderate requirements for ultraviolet ray in tropical and subtropical zones, such as IG, Furcifer pardalis, red legs, Myanar, radiation, star tortoise, continental tortoise, etc.
- UVB (5%) induces the activation of vitamin D3 that combines with calcium powder to promote the transformation of calcium in bone and blood (calcium absorption)
- UVA (30%) improves appetite, promotes animal's activity to include mating behavior
- Effective UV lighting range reaches 30-40cm
- The lamp fixture is sold separately.
- Do not place glass or plastic between the lamp and your pet, this would filter out the beneficial UV-B rays.
- Protect your pet from the lamp.
- Lamp must be replaced at least once a year.
- Do not expose persons to the lamp's direct rays.
Reptile Bulb Rating System (simplified):
- UVB : 3/5
- Reptile vision : 4/5
- Human vision : 4/5
- Heat : 1/5