Provides UV-A and UV-B Rays (2%)
Suitable for all types of reptiles and amphibians. Gives the pet UV-A rays and some amount of UV-B rays (5%) favouring normal functions such as appetite, digestion, reproduction and calcium absorption (UV-B rays stimulate vitamin D3 synthesis).
Benefits and Features:
- Suitable for all reptiles with low requirements of ultraviolet ray such as Terrapin, semi-terrapin, snake, Gecko, Phelsuma grandis,etc.
- UVB (2%) induces the activation of vitamin D3 that combines with calcium powder to promote the transformation of calcium in bone and blood (calcium absorption)
- UVA (25%) improves appetite, promotes animal's activity to elicit mating behavior
- Diurnal spectrum spiral energy-saving lamp promotes the growth of plants
- A standard light source which provides an efficient visual ray with high C.R.I. (Colour Rendering Index) and low UV radiation.
- The lamp fixture is sold separately.
- Do not place glass or plastic between the lamp and your pet, this would filter out the beneficial UV-B rays.
- Protect your pet from the lamp.
- Lamp must be replaced at least once a year.
- Do not expose persons to the lamp's direct rays.
Reptile Bulb Rating System (simplified):
- UVB : 2/5
- Reptile vision : 4/5
- Human vision : 4/5
- Heat : 1/5